JACS Solutions Standard Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty covers all hardware products sold by JACS Solutions (each, a “Product”) unless specifically excluded below. To the extent that any provision in this warranty conflicts with a warranty provision in any Master Services Agreements between JACS Solutions (“the Company” or “JACS”) and a customer, the provision in the Master Services Agreement shall take precedence. The warranty period commences upon the date of purchase by the first end use purchaser (the “Purchaser”) and continues for a one year period after that date. Proof of purchase within the one-year period shall be required.
What Is Not Covered?
This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of Product by Purchaser. This Limited Warranty is valid only for the original end use Purchaser and is not transferable. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical, or electromechanical stress.
- Scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage.
- Defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of a metallic object when pressing on a touch screen. Equipment that has the serial number or the enhancement data code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Defects or damage resulting from the use of the product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by JACS.
- Defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by JACS, including but not limited to installation of unauthorized software, unauthorized modification of software or hardware supplied by JACS and unauthorized root access, any of which shall void this limited warranty.
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
- Defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, viruses, or other software problems introduced into the product; or product used or purchased outside the United States. This limited warranty covers batteries only if battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or if the battery leaks. This limited warranty does not cover any battery if:
- The battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by JACS;
- Any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering, or;
- The battery has been used in equipment other than the JACS tablet for which it is specified.
- JACS Solutions does not warrant that any software will be error-free or operate without interruption. The rights and responsibilities of the company and Purchaser regarding Software shall be governed solely by the End User License Agreement between the Company and the Purchaser.
What Are JACS’ Obligations?
If the Product is found to be defective during the applicable warranty period, provided the Product is returned in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, JACS will, at its sole option, repair or replace the Product without charge to Purchaser. The Purchaser is responsible for shipping charges to JACS Service Center; JACS is responsible for return shipping.
JACS may, at JACS ‘s sole option, use rebuilt, reconditioned, or new parts or components when repairing any Product, or may replace the Product with a rebuilt, reconditioned version of the Product. If the Product is no longer available, replacement may be made with a similar product of equal or greater value.
Repaired or replaced cases will be warranted for a period of forty-five (45) days. All other repaired/replaced Products will be warranted for a period equal to the remainder of the original Limited Warranty on the original Product or for forty-five (45) days, whichever is longer. All replaced Products, parts, components, boards, and equipment shall become the property of JACS.
What Must You Do to Obtain Warranty Service?
To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, the Purchaser must return the Product to an authorized JACS facility in an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the sales receipt or comparable proof of sale showing the original date of purchase by the first end use purchaser, the serial number of the Product and the seller’s name and address. JACS in its sole discretion will determine if warranty coverage applies.
To obtain assistance on where to deliver the Product, please call JACS Customer Care at (443) 718-4333, Option 3. If JACS determines that any Product is not covered by this Limited Warranty, Purchaser must pay all parts, shipping, and labor charges for the repair or return of such Product.
Purchasers should keep a separate backup copy of any contents of the Product before delivering the Product to JACS for warranty service, as some or all the contents may be deleted or reformatted during the course of warranty service.
What Are the Limits on JACS’ Liability?
To the extent permitted by law, this Limited Warranty sets out the full extent of JACS responsibilities and the exclusive remedy regarding the products.
All implied warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this limited warranty. In no event shall JACS be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the product or for, without limitation, commercial loss of any sort; loss of use, time, data, reputation, opportunity, goodwill, profits, or savings; inconvenience; incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages; or damages arising from the use or inability to use the product. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the disclaimer or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you.
JACS makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to the quality, capabilities, operations, performance, or suitability of any third-party software or equipment used in conjunction with the product, or the ability to integrate any such software or equipment with the product, whether such third-party software or equipment is included with the product distributed by JACS or otherwise. Responsibility for the quality, capabilities, operations, performance, and suitability of any such third-party software or equipment rests solely with the purchaser and the direct vendor, owner, or supplier of such third-party software or equipment.
Nothing in the Product instructions or information shall be construed to create an express warranty of any kind with respect to the Products. No agent, employee, dealer, representative, or reseller is authorized to modify or extend this Limited Warranty or to make binding representations or claims, whether in advertising, presentations, or otherwise, on behalf of JACS regarding the Products or this Limited Warranty.
Is Hardware & Firmware Technical Support included?
JACS standard warranty provides both Hardware & Firmware support for non-warranty related issues on a per-incident fee of $75.00 during the one year warranty period. Support can be initiated by Purchaser with our JACS Customer Care at (443) 718-4333, Option 3. If the problem cannot be resolved through Customer Care and warrant Tier II support and Purchaser requires additional support, Purchaser is responsible for shipping charges to JACS Service Center and may incur Diagnostic Charges at Time & Material rates, in addition to the $75.00 incident charge.
What Is the Expected Turn-Around Time for Warranty Service and Technical Support?
The purchaser has the option of contacting Customer Care on a per-incident base and support will be continued via phone or email. A support engineer will be assigned within 24-48 hours. It is the sole discretion of the support engineer to contact the purchaser or continue with support portal/email or other means of JACS support methods.
If a device is required to return to JACS Service Center, the STANDARD priority is 2+ weeks.
What If My Product Is Out of Warranty?
All products out of warranty are subject to purchaser shipping expenses, diagnostic and repair charges as well as material costs. Current labor rates are $95/hour for diagnostic and repair efforts and $250/hour for engineering, including software and firmware diagnostics. Rates are subject to change at the Company’s discretion.
What If There Is a Dispute Regarding this Warranty?
Any dispute regarding the terms of this Warranty shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of [Maryland] without regard to any choice or conflict of law rules of that or any other jurisdiction. Any suit, action or proceeding under, arising out of or relating to this Warranty may be filed, brought and held only in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in the State of Maryland. Each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of such state or federal courts over any such suit, action or proceeding under, arising out of or relating to this Agreement, waives any objection to the laying of venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court, and waives the right to object with respect to any such suit, action or proceeding brought in any such court, that such court does not have jurisdiction over the party, as applicable. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the parties each waive their right to a jury trial for any matter arising from or relating to this Warranty.