This GDPR Privacy Notice (“Notice”) supplements other JACS Solutions privacy policies and notices. If there is a conflict between any other JACS Solutions policy, statement, or notice and this Notice, this Notice will prevail as to residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and United Kingdom (“UK”) and their respective rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the United Kingdom’s General Data Protection Regulation (collectively, the “GDPR”). JACS Solutions is the data controller for personal data collected through this website.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal data collected through the JACS Solutions website may include:
- Contact Data. You may give us your contact details, such as your name, phone number, postal address, email address, and company affiliation. You may give us this data when you contact us, subscribe to our blog, or open a ticket with our Help Desk.
- Device Data. We may obtain information about devices that access our website, including the type of device, its operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and error data.
- Location Data. Our website may use location-aware technologies to locate you. You may be able to toggle on or off location technologies using your Internet browser. If you disable location-aware technologies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
- Other Data You Provide. This includes data you include in the emails and other communications you send to us, such as user support inquiries.
Our Processing of Your Personal Data
Your provision of personal data is required for us to provide some of our products and services. In some instances, if you fail to provide your personal data, you may not be able to access or use our products and services.
We may process the personal data you provide to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your questions and requests, send you notices about your services, or contact you for additional information when needed;
- Facilitate, manage, personalize, and improve our partnership relationships;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of our policies or terms, and other threats or harm;
- Ensure the security and integrity of our personal data processing; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements.
Our processing of your personal data is carried out under the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the products and services you request or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as compliance with applicable tax laws or other government regulations or compliance with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following instances:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our website and services, including by implementing and enhancing security measures and safeguards and protecting against fraud, spam, and other abuse;
- To maintain and improve our website and services; and
- To operate our website and provide you with information and communications about our products and services that are tailored to, and in accordance with, your preferences.
- You have consented to our processing of your personal data. When you consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data:
- ● With our affiliates, partners, or suppliers when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide products and services to you or analyze and improve our website, products, or services.
- ● With our employees, agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other platforms, and send marketing and other communications.
- ● To comply with applicable law or protect our and your rights and interests. For example, we may disclose your personal data if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property, or interests, or prevent fraud or abuse.
- ● In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets, including during the negotiation of such transactions. We further reserve the right to sell or transfer any personal data we obtain through our website in connection with any joint venture, partnership, merger, or other collaboration with another organization.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
The GDPR provides individuals with certain rights regarding their personal data. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal data:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete your personal data.
- Transfer a copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to our reliance on legitimate interests as the basis for processing your personal data.
You may submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request specific information from you to help us verify your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to any legal restrictions on providing this information.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal data or our response to your request regarding your personal data, you may contact us at email@example.com or submit a complaint directly to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. If you reside in the EEA, you can find information about your data protection authority here. If you reside in the United Kingdom, you may file complaints with the Information Commissioner’s Office here.
Our Retention of Your Personal Data
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data was collected, or as may be permitted or required under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the scope and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period, we will securely destroy your personal data or take appropriate anonymization steps.
Personal Data Transfers
If you provide your personal data through our website, you acknowledge that your personal data is being provided directly by you to a U.S.-based company. We process all personal data in the United States. The laws that apply to personal data protection in the United States differ from those applicable in the EEA and the UK.
If it is necessary for us to transfer personal data out of the EEA and the UK, we do so by using approved data transfer mechanisms, such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer.
For questions about this GDPR Notice, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
JACS Solutions, Inc.
809 Pinnacle Drive, Suite R
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Effective Date: January 1, 2022